How to get your garden ready for summer: Simple garden makeover and maintenance tips
With Summer well on its way - the longest day is on 21st June - thoughts turn to getting the garden ready for the season ahead. As the weather warms up, you may be wondering just how to get your garden ready for summer. In this blog, we’ll look at everything from summer lawn care advice to simple garden makeover ideas, along with details of our gardening equipment for hire.
Simple garden makeover tips for summer
Whether you prefer to relax, sunbathe, or entertain friends and family, a simple garden makeover is a great way to improve your outside space. There are a number of quick but effective garden improvements that can be made at this time of year:
Now that there’s no risk of a frost, brighten up patios with vibrant hanging baskets and plant out your containers
- Paint shed or fence panels to add a pop of colour
- Add solar powered lights to create atmosphere once the sun has set
- Hoe flower borders to keep weeds at bay
- Mow lawns approximately once a week to keep grass looking neat and tidy
- Plant out summer bedding
- Add a mirror or a simple water feature kit for visual interest
- Stake out taller plants and any crops that you’re growing
- Prune the shrubs and hedges that bloomed in Spring time
- Neaten up patios and decking by clearing weeds and debris
These little projects needn’t be hard work - our gardening equipment will allow you to breeze through these jobs. Using the right tools and equipment for the job boosts efficiency, meaning more time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
How to care for your lawn in summer
With a range of gardening equipment for hire, we have just the solution to achieve a healthy and pristine lawn before high summer arrives:
- Our petrol lawn aerator enables air to permeate into hardened and compacted soil in turfed areas which improves the health of the grass and quality of your garden lawn.
- Our petrol lawn scarifier is easy to transport and use. The scarifier is designed to remove lawn thatch and moss to keep your lawn healthy.
- Our petrol turf cutters are ideal, if you have opted to lay a new lawn in your garden. Our turf cutters enable you to remove your old lawn with ease, and prepare the ground for your fresh new turf.
Once you have refreshed your lawn, we like to follow the RHS tips on how to care for your lawn in summer:
- Mow regularly, to encourage thick grass
- Keep on top of moss management
- Apply summer lawn fertiliser, if grass loses its vigour and freshness (often May to August)
- If you haven’t seeded sparse areas by spring then it is best left until early autumn, when the weather gets a little cooler
- It is usually unnecessary to water grass over summer unless there is a drought. If you do have to water the lawn, water when the soil becomes dry, but before the grass turns yellow or brown. An aerator also allows moisture to permeate the ground
Whatever you decide to do with your lawn, our range of gardening equipment for hire will have your grass looking ship-shape in no time.
Why choose PSM Hire for gardening equipment for hire?
If you need to hire gardening equipment then look no further! We’ve got everything you need to spruce up your garden in time for summer:
Our powerful weed and moss brush is an efficient hard surface cleaning solution. Designed to save you time and effort, the brush will quickly remove moss, debris and weeds without the need for chemicals. The brush can be used on block paving, concrete and tarmac, and brick or stone setts, as well as on sports surfaces and rubber playground surfaces.
We offer a range of regular and long-reach hedge trimmers, depending on what would be most suitable for your garden and project.
ideal for allotments and gardens and will quickly get your job done with the minimum effort on your part.
Our professional backpack leaf blower makes easy work of clearing and cleaning large areas.
We also provide a range of garden hand tools for hire. From rakes and pruners to rollers, we have the right tools to transform your garden.
Keep your garden looking great all year round with our extensive range of quality landscaping and gardening equipment.
How to get your garden ready for summer with PSM Hire
As plant and tool hire specialists, we offer an extensive range of landscaping and gardening equipment for hire.
Our quality equipment will make easy work of your simple garden makeover project. From blowers and shredders to chainsaws and cultivators - whatever you need, we’re sure to have the tools for the job.
Whatever your next garden project, get in touch and speak to one of our friendly experts who will be more than happy to assist. Call us today on 02088505658 - we look forward to hearing from you!