Sealing pipes is an essential part of work for many industries, from construction to plumbing. Correctly sealed pipes are essential to safety in gas, water and a great number of other installations, so it’s important to use safe and reliable tools and methods in order to minimise the risk of potentially hazardous leaks.
One of the most popular methods of sealing pipes is through press fitting. Press fitting tools are a game-changer for professionals working in industries that require the installation of pipelines. They offer a reliable, efficient and cost-effective way of connecting pipes. In this blog post, we'll explore what press fitting is, how it works and how you can use it to seal water pipes. Remember that PSM hire can provide you with press fitting tool hire, as well as help and guidance for the use of these tools on your projects.
What is press fitting?
Press fitting is a method of joining pipes together without the need for welding or threading. It is a mechanical process that uses force to press the fittings onto the pipe ends. Press fitting is becoming increasingly popular in the construction and plumbing industries as it offers many advantages over traditional joining methods. One of the main advantages is that press fitting eliminates the need for welding, which can be time-consuming and require specialised skills. Press fitting also reduces the risk of leaks and other plumbing issues that can arise from poor welding or threading.
How to seal pipes with press fitting tools
Press fitting tools are used to apply force to the fittings and pipes to create a tight seal. These tools come in a variety of shapes and sizes, depending on the type of fitting and pipe being used. The tools are designed to apply the force required to create a seal without damaging the pipe or the fitting. Some press fitting tools are designed for manual use, while others are powered by compressed air or electricity.
To use press fitting tools, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, you'll need to choose the correct tool for the job. This will depend on the type and size of the fittings and pipes you are using.
Once you have the right tool, you can begin the process of preparing the pipes and fittings. This may involve cleaning, deburring or chamfering the ends of the pipes and fittings to ensure a smooth, even surface.
- Next, you will need to position the fittings on the pipes and secure them in place. This may involve sliding the fitting onto the pipe or using a clamp to hold the fitting in place.
- Once the fittings are in place, you can begin the pressing process. This involves using the press fitting tool to apply force to the fittings and pipes, creating a tight seal.
Why is press fitting such a popular choice?
One of the main benefits of press fitting is that it offers a consistent, reliable and leak-free seal. This is particularly important in industries where water or other fluids are being transported through the pipes. Press fitting also offers a faster and more efficient way of joining pipes, which can save time and money on installation costs. In addition, press fitting is a more environmentally friendly option, as it doesn't require the use of harmful chemicals or gases.
Press fitting is used in a wide range of industries, including construction, plumbing, HVAC, and industrial manufacturing.
- In the construction industry, press fitting is used to join pipes in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, as well as in water supply and drainage systems.
- In the plumbing industry, press fitting is becoming increasingly popular for both commercial and residential plumbing installations.
- In the industrial manufacturing sector, press fitting is used to connect pipes and fittings in a range of applications, including food processing, chemical manufacturing and pharmaceutical production.
In summary, press fitting is a reliable, efficient and cost-effective way of sealing pipes. Press fitting tools are designed to apply force to the fittings and pipes, creating a tight and leak-free seal. This method of joining pipes eliminates the need for welding or threading, saving time and money on installation costs. If you're in need of a quick and efficient way to seal water pipes, press fitting may be the solution you've been looking for.
Choose PSM for press fitting tool hire
If you are interested in hiring press fitting tools for your next project, speak to PSM hire today. At PSM Hire we are plant and tool hire specialists, stocking a wide range of equipment for construction projects of all types. As well as our wide range of general construction tools and plant, we stock highly specialised equipment for a great variety of tasks, including an array of plumbing tools. With a wealth of knowledge in the industry, we are always happy to discuss your projects with you in order to provide the most suitable equipment and solutions for your job. Call us today on 02088505658. We look forward to hearing from you.